Enjoying the fruits of your labor is an immensely rewarding experience, as you watch the plants grow from seeds to flowers and fruits. From the Garden brings you the different types of flowers, fruits and vegetables that are easily grown in the garden or even indoors. Whether they are seasonal, perennials or annuals, or whether you grow them for the scent and color, having plants and flowers around you is a therapeutic balm.
- EggplantBotanically, eggplants are not actually vegetables, they are berries. Culinarily, eggplants have always been considered vegetables, and is served regularly in many parts of the world. Eggplants is one of those plants that has different names, depending on which part of the world you are in. In the US, Australia, New Zealand and anglophone Canada,Continue reading “Eggplant”
- Asiatic LiliesWith its big flowers and often bright tropic colors, the Asiatic Lily (also known as Tiger Lily) is one of the most attractive flowers that bloom in summer. Although they are not as fragrant as other types of lilies, they still emit a pleasant scent in the garden or in the home. The shortest typeContinue reading “Asiatic Lilies”
- Yellow ZucchiniShaped like the green zucchini but sweeter, the yellow zucchini is one of the easiest vegetables to grow in a mild climate, and it is known among home gardeners for overwhelming production. Sometimes referred to as a summer squash, the yellow zucchini is said to be first grown in Central and South America and broughtContinue reading “Yellow Zucchini”
- LavenderLavender ( L.angustifolia ) There are over 40 varieties of lavender but it is mostly the Spanish, French, and English lavender that is found around the Washington area, both in the wild and in cultivation. They bloom from late Spring onwards to Fall or beginning of frost, as they prosper when they get at leastContinue reading “Lavender”
- From the Garden-RadishRadish One person in the house really enjoys radish and it’s not the kids or the person responsible for grocery shopping. Since the shopper has somehow always conveniently forget to put radish into the grocery cart :-0, the radish lover decides to grow them in the garden instead. One of the easiest and fastest cropsContinue reading “From the Garden-Radish”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.